Great finds of the Week!

A couple weeks ago I ran across some amazing things and wrote it down but forgot to post.  Tah-dah!

1.  Walking down the street here on Capitol Hill, I spotted a couple boxes of free stuff across the street.  I took a small detour to investigate and found the puzzle maze below.  You have to tilt the plastic globe in various directions to guide a small metal ball around a track inside with holes and various other problems to negotiate.  I first saw one at my wife's brother's house amongst his kids toys.  I was addicted within minutes.  More addictive than than crack, Angry Birds, or re-watching Sherlock episodes.


2.  The Outdoor Co-ed Topless Pulp Fiction Appreciation Society - An article in The Guardian led me to the website of a group, mostly women, who read pulp fiction topless all over New York City.  Their NSFW website features photos of them reading all over town.  Perfect site for geeky guy readers.  Their only problem is they don't read reputable fiction for the most part.  I wonder if they will do the franchise thing in other cities.  The last thing any town needs is another Starbucks or Chipotle, but a new branch of the OCTPFAS?  Perhaps.

No photo provided.  Sorry folks, go the website yourself.  Then read a book.

3.  Free concert of music of Avro Part - musicians from Estonia performed a free concert of the composer's music in the Concert Hall at the Kennedy Center on Monday Night.  Great performances by musicians with a history of collaborations with the composer.  Even shared the concert with an old friend who let me butt in line with her, Judith.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My favorite places in DC that are no more

MPC Miniature Military Vehicles: 1960s toys

Sharing my name